Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Read 2012: Fair Weather

      I have a confession: The only reason why I smuggled this book from Library Room 401 on Friday was because I needed  to read something for a long subway ride, and this particular book was small and thin enough to stash in my purse. 
      I was NOT disappointed! Richard Peck's Fair Weather takes place in Chicago, during the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition. Chicago denizen  Aunt Euterpe invites here sister's family to visit this magnificent Fair. What makes this story a real charmer is that Aunt Euterpe's relations live in rural Illinois and have never seen anything outside their small farm community. 
      Rosie Beckett is the 13 year-old narrator who spins a hilariously heart-warming account of how her, her older sister, rascal young brother, and unconventional Grandpa's lives are turned upside down while in big-city Chicago.
      If you want a quick and fun summer read, I hope you will consider this book.  
     Happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment