Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Share your newsletter online!




Here is something for my very busy teachers: If you want to create a class newsletter for your parents and/or school community, try to go PAPERLESS. You can share your newsletter by uploading it onto your website or blog. 
How to upload your Microsoft Office Publisher newsletter:
First, you create your newsletter in Microsoft Office Publisher.
Save it somewhere, preferably on your flash drive.
Then go to http://zamzar.com/ .  This free service “… is dedicated to helping you transform your songs, videos, images and documents into different formats.” I've been using Zamzar for a long time, and trust me, it's FREE.
On Zamzar, follow step one and select your Microsoft Office Publisher newsletter file.
Step two, you will convert your newsletter file to PDF.
Step three, enter your email address.
In a little while (depending on how busy the Internet is), you will receive in your email your newsletter in PDF.
Now you have a format that you can upload and share with everyone.
Easy Peasey!

2 comments:

  1. I love zamzar too, but this seems like too many steps. Certainly, in Publisher 2007 (and higher) it's easy enough to do a "save as." Then you can use the drop down menu in the "save as type" box and choose pdf. It will immediately publish it as a pdf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nycschoollibrarian,
    TYVM for visiting my blog. You know, I never knew there was an easier way to upload my Publisher newsletter! The Zamzar is easy, but it's one extra step I would like to eliminate. Thanks!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete