Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

The American Museum of Natural History: a world-class treasure around the corner

Photo by Chris Gibson of AMNH Beyond Planet Earth Exhibit
Last week on December 9 I attended my very first Educator Evening at the AMNH. It was on a Friday night, and it was free. How could I resist?  The American Museum of Natural History is conveniently located on 81st Street at Central Park West. From our school MS80x, you take a D train and then the C train. It stops right at the museum's door.
This particular Educator Evening event celebrated AMNH's newest exhibition Beyond Planet Earth: The Future of Space Exploration
After working all day, I was greatly surprised to find an elegant reception complete with cool live music, chilled wine and hot hors d'oeuvres.  I ran into some old friends, and gathered some resources and flyers for the science teachers in my school. I really hope my teachers and students will take advantage of this amazing resource.
This YouTube video may not be accessible on school computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment